San Antonio, TX
- General Information
Title: HR Coordinator
Reports to: HR Manager
Hours: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- We are looking for an efficient Human Resources (HR) Coordinator to undertake a variety of HR administrative duties. You will facilitate daily HR functions like keeping track of employee’s records and supporting the interview process. This role also involves performing tasks within our timekeeping system to track and document attendance patterns.
- The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Human Resources as well as general administrative responsibilities. He/She will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of HR projects and operations. To succeed in this role, you should be familiar using HR and timekeeping software and tools.
- Ultimately, you should be able to contribute to the attainment of specific goals and results of the HR department and the organization.
- Essential Functions
- Process payroll utilizing TSheets and QuickBooks from start to finish, including final pay
- Process garnishments (Legal, Child Support, etc.)
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance
- Maintain records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, leaves, attendance etc.) in both paper and the database and ensure all employment requirements are met
- Track personal protective equipment issuance and return
- Cross train and learn all HR related functions (payroll, benefits etc.)
- Support the recruitment/hiring process by sourcing candidates, performing background checks, drug screens, etc.
- Assist HR manager & dept. supervisors in performance management procedures
- Coordinate Corporate lunch & learn program
- May perform orientations, onboarding and update records with new hires
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects, like collection of employee feedback via the performance management tool
- Support other functions as assigned
- Essential Skills
- Proven experience as an HR coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline will be a plus
- Human Resources Professional Certification Preferred
- Basic understanding of employment laws
- Supervisory Responsibility
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking of a wide range of customer related problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract or concrete variables.
- Americans with Disabilities Specifications Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.