San Antonio, TX
- General Information
Title: HSE Manager
Reports to: HSE Director
Supervises HSE Coordinator(s)
Site: Corporate Offices in San Antonio and Midland, Field
Hours: Monday-Friday. 8:00 am -5:00 pm
Status: Fulltime, non-exempt
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, STD, LTD, 401K
- Responsibilities Overview
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to regulatory requirements and company policies guidelines
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures, facilities, and mobile equipment to assess risk and compliance.
- Report compliance findings to management and track corrective actions.
- Conduct safety training and HSE presentations for employee base to improve accident prevention.
- Monitor compliance with policies and regulations by observing employee behaviors and inspecting workplace conditions.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Oversee compliance databases like ISNetworld and PEC.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover root-causes and preventative measures
- Proactively interact with clients on HSE related matters and exemplify our companies’ commitment to safety and health.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures to other departments and foster strategic partnerships.
- Report on health and safety performance, incidents, accidents, near-misses, and statistics.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (BULLET POINTS NEEDED)
- Verifiable work history showing leadership in safety improvement.
- HSE credentials like OHST, ASP, CSP, CSHO, or COSS/COSM preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license and exemplary driving record.
- Electrical knowledge; able to understand electrical work, LOTO, and electrical hazards inherent in all WaterFleet units.
- History of strong work ethic and punctual
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and communicate effectively
- Advocate of safe work practices
- Leads team to meet behavioral standards in accordance with company core values
- Takes pride in work quality and works to continuously improve safety culture.
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal forms.
- Excellent team leaderships abilities.
- Makes recommendations and design policies and rules that will reduce incident rates.
- May be actively involved in the hiring and training of the new employees and to schedule the training sessions accordingly.
- Work along with Operations team-members to evaluate safety performance in the field and coach for improvement.
- Drive a department committed to safety and WaterFleet core values
- Essential Skills
The ability to identify hazardous behaviors and/or conditions in the workplace and to develop effective controls that lead to the prevention of HSE related incidents. To track and trend incidents in order to recognize patterns that warrant intervention. To interact cooperatively with other departments to foster the improvement of the companies’ safety culture. To effectively and professionally represent the company to customers and to reflect respect, quality, teamwork, innovation, and safety in all actions.
- Education Background
Bachelor’s degree in occupational health & safety, or related field, and HSE certifications are preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Supervisory Responsibility
Requires the ability to affect behavior change in others by utilizing persuasive skills verses direct authority to influence people.
- Language Skills
Ability to respond effectively to the customer-based inquires or complaints.
- Mathematical Skills
Ability to perform basic mathematical equations.
- Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking of a wide range of customer related problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract or concrete variables.