San Antonio, TX
Salary: $15.00 to $19.00 /hour
The Dispatcher / Service Advisor (DSA) primarily serves as a logistics, routing, and planning resource for field personnel, but is also expected to serve in a customer service role to handle customer requests, complaints, and issues. DSA’s respond to incoming service requests and deploy available company resources for the maintenance and servicing of the company’s mobile water systems. DSA’s will monitor all field service personnel and asset locations, status, and schedules to ensure that timely responses to requests and calls are always upheld. Dispatchers ensure that field service personnel are adhering to approved standard operating procedures related to the various activities they are dispatched to handle as well as monitoring field personnel’s hours of operation, service, and availability to support proper adherence to the company’s fatigue management protocols.
Working Conditions: Normal indoor desk work, but outside trips to installation sites in a variety of weather conditions ranging from winter cold to summer hot with the full gamut of precipitation are possible.
Reports to: Operations Manager, Deputy Director of Operations – Bridge
Work Location: San Antonio
$15- $19 (depending on experience)
12 hour work shift with rotating days. 4 days on and 2 days off. Weekends are required and overtime as needed.
- Medical, Dental, Vision,
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- **Full benefits are available the first of the month after 60 days of employment.
- Develop work orders and request technical support and/or labor support assets as necessary to ensure the mobile water systems remain functional while in operation.
- Use company facilities, select computer systems, test equipment and tools as necessary to provide designated services.
- Adhere to the procedures for monitoring, reporting, troubleshooting, and development of work orders.
- Operate and maintain company equipment according to company policy.
- Perform the required service assignments in the budgeted time and reports reason for any discrepancies.
- Work effectively in the dispatch role as a liaison between customers and the internal operations of WaterFleet.
- Ensure that the customer’s expectations are met for all equipment performance and maintain good will for future business.
- Inform customers and management of status of work and issues.
- Demonstrate a high level of productivity and skill while performing all work.
- Provide necessary services to the delivery force to ensure all company work is completed properly.
- Attend company meetings to understand schedules and offer progress reports on assigned jobs.
- Prevent customer issues or re-work by field and internal personnel.
- Respond orally and in writing to a variety of outside entities including clients, representatives and co-workers.
- Utilize experience, circumstances, and management in the decision-making process to attain cost savings to customers and the company.
- Maintain safe working conditions as well as professional appearance and behavior.
- Create daily schedules/ work orders for remote and on-site systems maintenance and repairs
- Demonstrate good judgement in investigating and solving problems by respecting the confidentiality of the company, customers and personnel information.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with company staff and superiors as well as customer base.
- Continually strive to improve morale in the shop and maintain good working relationships with all co-workers.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Operations Manager, and senior staff personnel.
- Full range of body movements including the use of legs, arms and hands.
- Full use of hearing and sight (corrected) to perform skills and duties as required.
- English language skills, oral and written. Bi-Lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Clear background and MVR – no excessive tickets on record (no more than 3 in 3 years).
- No DWI convictions on background/ MVR record for the past 5 years.
- Successful completion of a drug and alcohol test.
- Reliable, punctual and maintain great attendance.
- Due to DOT regulations, drivers of commercial Motor Vehicles are required to be 21 years of age or older.
- High School Grad; or GED.
- Technical School or College Bachelors Graduate (preferred).
- Great Customer service skills to communicate effectively via phone and written communication.
- Dispatch skills in a heavy equipment, rental, dealership, or other industrial type setting.
- Exposure and/or certification training in safe operations in oil field or other industrial operations.
- Strong organizational, planning, and leadership skills.
- Interpersonal skills to interact extensively with customers and staff.
- Adaptability skills to work in a fast-paced/ changing work environment
- Strong emotional intelligence skills to handle difficult situations with tact and maintain composure in adverse situations.
- Prioritization skills to meet all deadlines associated with time sensitive work.
- Basic computer skills to type and provide data analysis/ reports using excel and other software systems
- Perceptual skills to operation a motor vehicle safely and maneuver in work-site environments without endangering self or others.