San Antonio, TX
As a Business Intelligence Analyst you will work with various teams drawing insight from our data. You will be our expert at understanding our corporate data. You will organize, collect, analyze, and report on data to provide insights to improve business operations. This includes organizing company-wide business rules, data mining, fine-tuning operational efficiency, communicating results, and recommending meaningful courses of action. You will spend a great deal of time with other teams helping them understand the performance and position of the company.
- Draw insights from our data
- Make recommendations based on our data and your insights
- Work close with other teams to create and maintain a variety of reports
- Clearly and concisely communicate the results of your findings to other internal stakeholders
- Create summaries of historical data
- Organize, collect, analyze, and visualize data.
- Extracting data from our databases, data warehouses, and growing data lake.
- Standardize data collection and maintenance by developing methods for database design and validation reports
Business Intelligence Analyst Job Duties
- Project Management certification (preferred)
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence other and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities
- Apply a change management process and tools to create a strategy to support the adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Fantastic organizational skills
- A strong focus and attention to detail
- 3-5 years’ experience analyzing data and working on data platforms and/or BI tools, and experience – Skilled with SQL and Excel
- Creative problem solver and have the ability to handle multiple projects, and strong work ethic
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems, determine appropriate actions and thrive in a multi-project environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of various methods of data analysis, from simple summary statistics to multi-variate of possibly predictive approaches
- Ability to prioritize and sequence analysis approaches to maximize the likelihood of finding interesting insight early in the analysis phase
- Proactively communicate progress and status of analysis, including summarizing findings for non-technical audiences
- In-depth knowledge of data hygiene and ability to implement strategies to solve common issues
- Ability to develop process that is repeatable and also flexible, to make adjustment easier as business needs change
- Apply lean principles and eliminate repetitive information being captured in the system in effort to reduce costs
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of Excel.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one database platform (SQL server, SalesForce SW, etc.) and how to extract data from those platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis methodologies, from generating summary statistics to identifying trends over time dimensions, to correlations and multi-variate analysis.
- Experience with R or Python preferred.
- Knowledge of BI and/or Advanced Analytics use cases, common approaches.
- Ability to summarize findings into Power Point or other client briefing formats.
- Thorough knowledge of data quality issue identification and management. Must be able to proactively identify key data issues that impact the overall quality of resulting insight.
- Ability to think creatively about how data can be used to answer a question
- Curiosity about data and the stories that can be created, with an eye for accuracy and common sense outcomes.
- Work in fast paced environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in BI, Analytics, Data Science, Economics, or similar.
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience with one or more BI tools (Power BI, Excel, Tableau, Domo, etc.)