Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
Water Sampling Technician
WaterFleet LLC in Midland, TX
**MUST LIVE IN MIDLAND/ODESSA AREA
Pay range: $16-$18 (depending on experience)
Schedule: Monday – Friday. Occasional weekends if needed.
Will be provided assigned company vehicle
A technology enabled environmental service company providing sophisticated mobile water purification and wastewater treatment systems for oil & gas and construction firms. Our systems improve the safety and quality of life of workers in remote locations, and advance environmental compliance and stewardship initiatives through lean business and waste management solutions.
The Water Sampling Technician is responsible for the day-to-day water sample gathering and delivery to WaterFleet Midland or third-party testing laboratory. This position would require a mixture of on-site field sampling and preliminary testing (at remote drill and frac sites); preserving and maintaining samples for delivery to a local third-party laboratory for water quality analysis; maintaining accurate sample logs, using MS Word and/or MS Excel software; safe, efficient operation of WaterFleet vehicle for accessing the various drill sites and local laboratories; gathering of signed work tickets for previous work performed by WaterFleet.
- Sample control and preservation prior to testing by WaterFleet in-house laboratory or third-party laboratory
- Ability to carefully and accurately prepare and sign/date Chain of Custody Forms for delivery to in-house or third-party laboratory
- Operates and maintains company vehicles to ensure long term success and proper appearance, according to stated policy and personal pride in the equipment used
- Performs the required site sampling and field testing assignments in the budgeted time and reports reason for any discrepancies
- Works effectively with and as a liaison between customers and the internal operations of WaterFleet to ensure that the customer’s expectations are met
- Attend company status meetings, as requested, to understand schedules and offer progress reports on assigned jobs
- Fully understand and adhere to the procedures for drill and completion site access, including all customer H&S training, proper PPE, and all required documentation
- Strictly follow protocol and safety precautions for effective sample gathering at drilling and completion sites
- Maintain integrity of samples until successful delivery to third-party laboratory
- Good, safe driving skills and clean driving record
- Physically able to access WaterFleet treatment rigs
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
- Computer experience
Strong planning and interpersonal skills are essential. Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment with ability to change direction based on both internal and external needs. Must be “people” oriented with ability to maintain composure in adverse situations. Must have good communication skills and be willing to interact extensively with customers and staff. Well organized, detail oriented.
A high school diploma or GED, Associate’s degree or above preferred
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to respond effectively to the customer-based inquires or complaints. Maintaining cooperative working relationships with company staff and superiors as well as customer base.
Ability to perform basic mathematical equations.
Demonstrate good judgement in investigating and solving problems. Respecting the confidentiality of the company, customers and personnel information. Seeking guidance and direction as necessary in the performance of duties.
Americans with Disabilities Specifications Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.