San Antonio, TX
Position Title: Staff Accountant
Reports To: Controller
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401K
About WaterFleet, LLC:
WaterFleet is dedicated to solving the need for safe, clean and reliable production of on-site potable water and wastewater solutions to improve the quality-of-life for employees at remote work sites. We are setting the standard; leading the way! If you have a strong work ethic that encompasses teamwork, quality and respect, we want you to be part of this radically innovative team that is creating the future today. We pride ourselves in providing services that are “disruptive for good’; improving the health and well-being of our employees, customers, environment and community.
Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
Staff Accountant Job Duties:
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities including fixed asset (depreciation schedules), insurance and credit card account reconciliations, and reviewing financial reports/support as necessary
- Monthly analysis of balance sheet accounts.
- Documents financial transactions through journal entries.
- Prepare annual schedules of fixed assets, by location, for property tax filings. Reviews projected tax liability reports and reconciles actual property tax billings with projected liability.
- Backup Accounts Payable processing as needed.
- Prepares special financial reports as needed.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Works in fast paced environment.
- Other assigned duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 2+ years accounting and work experience
- Qualified to sit for the CPA certification if not already certified
- Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented
- Prior asset management experience preferred
- Strong financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Expertise with MS Office. Experience with QuickBooks a plus