San Antonio, TX
Position Title: Staff Accountant
Reports To: Controller
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401K
Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
Staff Accountant Job Duties:
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities including fixed asset (depreciation schedules), insurance and credit card account reconciliations, and reviewing financial reports/support as necessary
- Monthly analysis of balance sheet accounts.
- Documents financial transactions through journal entries.
- Prepare annual schedules of fixed assets, by location, for property tax filings. Reviews projected tax liability reports and reconciles actual property tax billings with projected liability.
- Backup Accounts Payable processing as needed.
- Prepares special financial reports as needed.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Works in fast paced environment.
- Must be flexible.
- Other assigned duties
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Master’s degree preferred
* 2-5+ years accounting and work experience
* Qualified to sit for the CPA certification if not already certified
* Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills
* Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented
* Prior asset management experience preferred
* Strong financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
* Expertise with MS Office. Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
* Extensive knowledge of US GAAP