San Antonio, TX
Position Title: Financial Analyst
Reports To: CFO
Status: Full-time; exempt
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401K
Financial Analyst Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with CFO on elements of the monthly Board reporting package.
- Develop financial models and analysis
- Participate in the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plan and financial modeling and related concepts
- Provide financial support to business leaders, including the CFO and CEO
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators (KPI’s) including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, and expenses
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies
- Supports and advises management through research and analysis of internal/external business data including industry best practices and competitive information
- Prepare financial and business-related analysis and research in such area as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital, and investments
- Routinely communicate company consolidated financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecast, using appropriate metrics
- Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications
- Gather, analyze and report using various applications
- Maintain system database through cross functional partnerships
- Compile and analyze financial and operational reports and find discrepancies that require senior management attention
- Create and prepare daily, weekly and EOM reports for management analyzing fleet utilization, empty miles, loaded miles, fuel etc.
- Ability to create ad hoc reports as assigned
Financial Analyst Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Proven track record of analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills a must.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be comfortable using heavy data analytics particularly with the components of an income statement & balance sheet
- Understanding of various applications and databases