San Antonio, TX
Title: Wastewater Operator
Reports to: Wastewater Engineer
Hours: Monday – Friday, Weekends depending on company needs.
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Supervisory Responsibility: None
**Applicants who live close to northern San Antonio area with a TCEQ wastewater operator license C or above are preferred **
WaterFleet LLC is seeking a reliable (Wastewater Operator) to join our (Technical Services) team. The successful candidate is responsible for monitoring, operating and maintaining one or several packaged wastewater plants to provide convenient, reliable, and economical wastewater solutions to customers.
- Monitor and maintain packaged wastewater treatment plants, which involves blowers, pumps, chemical feed equipment, reactors, aeration devices, PVC pipelines and valves
- Perform routine tests, which include DO, pH, chlorine residuals, SV, ammonia, MLSS, etc.
- Finish, keep and report the daily log records
- Work closely with system technicians to oversee routine operation and maintenance
- Share experience with, and provide trainings to, fellow operators and system technicians
- Perform necessary housekeeping to maintain a clean and organized working environment
- High School Grad; or GED
- Pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- Possess a valid Texas Driver’s License, have & maintain a good driving record
- Must maintain a TCEQ Class “C” Wastewater Operator Certification or above
- Strong mechanical skills and basic computer skills
- Work involves climbing up and down vertical ladders in confined spaces
- Work an 8 to 10-hour/day shift which at times includes weekends/holidays
- Work overtime when necessary, with the possibility of providing emergency responses
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Discretionary profit-sharing
*Full benefits are available the first of the month after 60 days of employment.
Americans with Disabilities Specifications Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.